Cause Leaders: Save and Preview Your Actions
Posted Aug 13, 2012 by Alejandro De La Cruz
Not quite ready to publish that petition you just crafted? We have some great news: Causes.com has just released the Save & Preview option for all of your new actions!
After gathering feedback from cause leaders, we understood the importance of building this new feature. The ability to save and preview your actions will allow you to refine copy, collaborate with your co-leaders, and produce the highest quality actions for your members. By allowing for more thoughtfulness and diligence when creating actions, we expect more people to get involved in your campaigns.
How does it work?
Inspiration that leads to the creation of an action can be epiphanic. You might have the urge to create a petition to stop using plastic bags at your local grocery store, but researching the issue and planning your campaign can take some time. This is where saving the action comes in and here’s how to do it:
- If you already have a cause, click the Post An Action button to begin.
- If you’re new to Causes, click the Start a Cause or Start An Action link at the top of Causes.com to begin.
- Choose an action such as a petition, pledge, or fundraiser.
- Start filling in the action page with copy and media.
- If you want to finish up later, click the Save & Preview button. You’ll be able to get back to your draft from Causes.com.
Where do you find your drafts?
Want to tackle that action again? Log onto Causes.com and you’ll see your drafts under the “Actions Created” column, or you can find them from your cause by clicking the Manage My Cause button. Here’s what you’ll see:
Try out the new tools and let us know what you think in the comments!