Causes launches Facebook Fanpage integration
Posted Apr 28, 2011 by Jen Burton
We’re really excited to announce the launch of our Facebook fanpage integration!
Adding the Causes tab to your fanpage is super easy – follow the steps below and you’ll be ready to go in no time.
- Make sure you’re logged in to the Facebook account that has administrator rights to the fanpage
- Navigate to http://facebook.com/causes
- On the lower left you’ll see an option to “Add to My Page”
- Head back to the fanpage you’re adding the Causes tab to and click the Causes tab
- Click on the “Get Started” button
- We’ll take you to a search form – enter the name of the nonprofit you’d like to support.
- Once you locate your nonprofit of choice, click the radio button next to the organization’s name and then click “Continue.”
- On this step, you may have more than one choice: If your selected nonprofit organization has a custom fundraising project, you’ll be able to choose either a project or select general fundraising.
- Once you’ve made your choice, click “Continue” and we’ll redirect you to your new Causes fanpage tab!
But, wait! There’s more!
While we are fans of the name “Causes” you may want to customize your new tab’s name. It’s ok, we’re cool with that. Here’s how:
- When viewing your fanpage wall, head over to the upper right and click on the “Edit Page” button:
- Once you’re in the edit page view of your fanpage, click the “Apps” link:
- Scroll down until you see the Causes app and click “Edit Settings”:
- Enter your chosen tab name, click “Save” and then “Okay”:
- You’re done!
A couple more hints before I go
- If you want to link directly to your Causes tab on your fanpage in an email, tweet or other, just click on the tab and then highlight the URL in your browser.
- If you want your Causes tab to be the default page your fans land on when they visit your page, head back over to the “Edit Page” settings I showed you earlier. On the main “Manage Permissions” page, you’ll see the opportunity to select your “Default Landing Tab”. Choose “Causes” (or whatever you named your Causes tab) from the drop down, click “Save Changes” and you’re done.
If you have any questions or feedback, head over to our Community Forum and let us know.